Fall is underway, and it’s the perfect time to explore The Colony. Discover all the events the city has to offer, from rocking concerts to family outings.
Celebrate your Labor Day weekend with the songs of Dwight Yoakam. Dance along to the honky tonk tunes as well as some classic country and rock, Sunday, September 1. Catch this free live show from 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM at Shakertins.
Head to Lava Cantina, Friday, September 6 at 8:00 PM, as Def Leggend takes the stage performing a killer tribute to Def Leppard. This awesome double header includes, Just Like Pink performing the ultimate tribute to P!nk. Purchase your tickets now!
Free food, tons of fun, and loads of fellowship, the name says it all. Come out to Stewart Creek Park Saturday, September 7 from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM for a community day hosted by LakeWay Baptist Church. Enjoy corn hole tournaments, volleyball games, kid friendly activities, and plenty of Texas BBQ. This event is free to the public, but there is an entrance fee to drive through the park. Limited parking at the nearby Shoreline Trail lot is free, with pedestrian access into the park.
Bring your fur babies to the Bow Wow Luau on Sunday, September 8 from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM at Hawaiian Falls Waterpark. Cool off and splash around in the wave pool, or participate in contests and games to win prizes. Make sure to purchase tickets online using the discount code “BOWWOW19” for an added discount. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Colony Animal Shelter Injured Animal Fund.
It’s football season and America’s Team is back. Head over to Rockin’ S Bar & Grill to indulge in great food specials, buckets of beer, and raffle drawings every quarter at the Cowboys Watch Party. Come show your team spirit Sunday, September 8 from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
“To the windows to the wall”. Stop by Lava Cantina for some Monday night football with a twist. Watch the New Orleans Saints take on the Houston Texans followed by a live performance by the Ying Yang Twins immediately after the game. Purchase your tickets now for this incredible show on Monday, September 9 at 6:00 PM.
On Wednesday, September 11 at 7:00 PM join Bourbon Street Oyster Bar as they host their first Murder Mystery Dinner. Come play along as one of the suspects or attend as a guest. Purchase your tickets for this event complete with a three course meal alongside Bourbon Street’s cocktails and an evening full of fun.
Explore the outdoors and take on exciting activities testing your skills at archery, fishing, geocaching and much more. Enjoy an exclusive day of family fun and adventure for mothers and sons at Lions Club Park, Saturday, September 14 from 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Make sure to purchase your tickets in advance online or at The Colony Parks & Recreation Department.
The Colony Chamber of Commerce is hosting their annual Charity Golf Classic, Wednesday, September 18 from 12:00 PM -10:00 PM at The Tribute Golf Links. Join in the fun as amateur golfers compete for great prizes, while giving back. Event proceeds benefit Metro Relief, a full-service food pantry and opportunity provider for Dallas-Fort Worth residents.
The annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s at Nebraska Furniture Mart is part of the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Join the pack Saturday, September 28 with a ceremony at 8:00 AM and the walk at 8:30 AM. Register to walk solo or create a team and lead the way to Alzheimer’s first survivor.
The Colony, TX is proud to host the Red Bull Soapbox Race once again Saturday, September 28 in Austin Ranch. Watch amateur drivers attempt to race homemade soapbox cars down Windhaven Parkway. Gates open at 10:00 AM, so arrive early for the best viewing spot. This event is free to the public. Check out the Red Bull FAQ’s for more details and shuttle information.
Swing by The Old American Golf Club for the only LPGA Tour event in the state of Texas. Enjoy special programming Monday, September 30 – Sunday, October 6 including, Tailgate on The Green food festival, Tribute Trail 5K presented by AT&T, Womens Leadership Summit presented by Versant Health, and many more family-friendly activities. To learn more about the Volunteers of America Classic please check out our latest blog.
- Start your week off on the water every Monday morning with Sunset SUP Yoga hosted by DFW Surf at Hidden Cove Park. Enjoy sunset views, and plenty of photo ops beginning at 7:00 AM.
- Kick off the week with disc golf at Bill Allen Memorial Park, hosted by Chain Bombers. Play begins at 6:00 PM with optional buy-in and professional and amateur divisions.
- Get your week started off on the right track at The Thirsty Growler. BYOV (Bring Your Own Vinyl) or simply enjoy some tunes while sipping on a craft beer from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge at Live Trivia Nite, hosted by Heritage Pizza at 7:00 PM. Enjoy a signature pie or craft pint as you play along to win prizes.
- Put your knowledge to the test and win some incredible prizes at Urban8 Food Court. Participate in Pub Poll trivia with friends from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Kids eat free on Family Board Game Nite! Simply bring a board game to play at Heritage Pizza and their dinner is on the house from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Relax midweek and sip on a glass of fine wine at Arno Italia. Enjoy half-off pizzas and select wine by the bottle for $30 all day long
- Wednesday just got a whole lot better with Women’s Wednesday Paddle Tour at Hidden Cove Park. Make connections, while enjoying sunset views, followed by a fireside chat and a glass of wine at 7:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge at Grrrowler’s Tap Room & Beer Garden with Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night at 8:00 PM. While you’re there, be sure to try one of the 25 local and seasonal brews on tap.
- Listen to your favorite songs at Urban8 Food Court during Singo, the musical bingo. Don’t miss your chance to win awesome prizes from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Enjoy the happiest of hours at The Thirsty Growler. Specials include: $3-glass, $5-32 oz. growler fill, or $8-64 oz. growler fill of featured brews from 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM.
- Sing your heart out at Karaoke Night every Thursday at Urban8 Food Court. Bring your friends and take the stage from 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Be a part of the show, request your favorite songs, and sing along at Urban8 Food Court. Catch dueling piano performances from 9:30 PM – 12:30 AM. While there, grab drinks and late night bites from any of their eight restaurants.
- Support local musicians and experience Shacks Soundtracks at The Shacks at Austin Ranch. Enjoy delicious food from six restaurants and live performances from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Find adventure and the best sunsets in North Texas at Paddle & A Pint hosted by DFW Surf. The guided tour begins at Hidden Cove Park at 7:30 PM and ends with a glow party on the water. This event will commence on Friday, September 13.
- Catch a FREE movie screening at Lava Cantina during their Kid’s Movie Saturdays series. Enjoy a family-friendly film complete with arts and crafts for the kids, as well as lunch options for the whole family.
- Relax on the floating deck at Rockin’ S Bar & Grill with a cold drink and awesome tunes. Catch live band performances from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Grab some famous Texas-style barbecue with a side of live music at Hard Eight BBQ, featured on Cooking Channel’s Man Fire Food. Patio performances begin at 7:00 PM, just in time from dinner and a show.
- Feel transported to the tropical shores of Havana at The Latin Pig with Cuban music and dancing every Saturday from 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM.
- Unwind every Sunday with a jazz brunch at Lava Cantina. Enjoy the Bloody Mary bar, bottomless mimosas, and brunch menu offerings beginning at 10:00 AM, with music from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Follow us on Facebook for more things to do in The Colony!
Featured Photo: Red Bull Soapbox Race