Autumn is the best time to enjoy activities in the cool weather before the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Discover new and signature events this November, from food truck appearances to pop-up shopping.
The American Heroes celebration commemorates veterans and service members for their valiant efforts in serving our country. On November 7, The Heroes Ceremony recognizes our veterans and will include a video display of veterans during their time of service. After the ceremony, the critically acclaimed Eli Young Band takes to the main stage to perform their greatest country hits. Although tickets are currently sold out for the event, you may register for the waitlist. Those without tickets can park within the general vicinity, grab a meal at nearby restaurants and view a phenomenal fireworks display that begins at 8:00 PM.
The State Fair may be over but you can still get a taste of your favorite fair foods. Fletcher’s Corny Dogs is coming to Truck Yard for a one-day-only event. Be sure to get your fill of funnel cakes, curly fries and signature corny dogs on November 7 from 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
Creating a masterpiece has never been this easy or fun. Get registered for the Pop Art Paint Party held at Grrrowler’s Tap Room & Beer Garden and an artist will walk you through painting a colorful portrait of your pup. This is a puppy-friendly event so don’t forget to bring man’s best friend to the outdoor patio on November 12 from 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM.
Saturday Football just got even better with games on the big screen at Galaxy Theatres. Bring the team for some brews, game day grub and college football on November 14 as the LSU Tigers face the Alabama Crimson Tide. On November 28, watch as Texas A&M takes on LSU Thanksgiving weekend.
Discover one-of-a-kind finds at The Boho Market. Shop handmade, vintage and artisan goods as over 30 talented makers and curators set up shop on The Lawn at Grandscape. Do some early holiday shopping on November 15 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM and enjoy live music on the nearby stage. Check out the neighboring restaurants and attractions inside Grandscape and learn more about the local boutiques inside The Homestead.
Concerts for a Cause
Friends of The Colony Public Library and Lava Cantina team up to present an evening of entertainment with their annual Books and Brews fundraiser. Get your tickets to the November 17 show that includes delicious food, silent auctions and live entertainment headlined by the Emerald City Band from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. All proceeds support The Colony Public Library.
Classic rock fans check out the Rock & Brews charity concert featuring a 2006 full concert replay of The Rolling Stones at Copacabana Beach in Brazil. Secure your tickets for the November 17 fundraiser with all ticket proceeds supporting the local veteran’s chapter.
The LPGA Volunteers of America Classic returns to The Colony as the world’s best female golfers compete for a $1.75 million purse on the greens at Old American Golf Club. From December 3-6, you can catch all the action on The Golf Channel at several restaurants and entertainment venues throughout The Colony. More information coming soon!
- Start the week off on the right track at The Thirsty Growler. BYOV (Bring Your Own Vinyl) or simply enjoy some tunes while sipping on craft beer from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Cue the music and games at the newly renovated Shakertins. Enjoy Free Pool Night from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM.
- Kids eat free on Family Board Game Nite! Simply bring a board game to play at Heritage Pizza and their dinner is on the house from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge with Trivia Night hosted by Saintsbury Tavern. Questions to come your way from 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Find your inner peace on a pleasant evening with Yoga on The Lawn Series at The Stage at Grandscape from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- The Shacks at Austin Ranch puts a musical spin on a classic game with Music Bingo Nights starting at 7:00 PM.
- Play your cards right and you might just win $100. Poker Nights at Texadelphia are from 6:30 PM – 10:30 PM.
- Kick-off your weekend with Live Music Fridays at The Shacks from 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Have a pleasant evening as local artists from around town share their talents on the spacious outdoor patio.
- Catch a FREE movie screening at Lava Cantina during their Kid’s Movie Saturdays series. Enjoy a family-friendly film as well as lunch options for the whole family. Screenings start at 12:00 PM. For night owls, ‘80s movies are showing at 11:00 PM in conjunction with a late-night happy hour.
- Unwind every Sunday with a jazz brunch at Lava Cantina. Enjoy bottomless mimosas and brunch menu offerings beginning at 10:00 AM, with music from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Follow us on Facebook for more things to do in The Colony!