‘Tis the season for festive fun, annual traditions and Santa sightings. Experience The Colony’s winter wonderland at events this December.
The LPGA Volunteers of America Classic returns to The Colony as the world’s best female golfers compete for a $1.75 million purse on the greens at Old American Golf Club. Catch all the action at various restaurants and entertainment venues throughout The Colony as they tune into the Golf Channel December 2-6. See where you can dine, have fun and watch the VOA Classic.
Enjoy a bit of holiday magic at Stewart Creek Park on December 5 from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Celebrate the most wonderful time of year with a socially distanced Reverse Parade. Traverse the winter wonderland from the comfort of your vehicle and enjoy illuminated float displays for free.
Experience a beloved annual tradition this holiday season. The Colony Christmas Spectacular illuminates the Central Fire Station from December 5 to January 3 with dazzling sights and sounds. View the daily light show, choreographed to music, Sundays through Thursdays from 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM and Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30 PM – 10:50 PM. Parking is available at the adjacent Perryman Park for a socially distanced view of the festivities. Be sure to tune your radio to 99.9 FM to enjoy the music.
Santa Claus is coming to town
Santa has been working extra hard this year to bring joy and holiday cheer to all. Join him and his SCHEELS helpers for a fun Virtual Santa Experience. Write to Santa now to receive a personalized letter and video from the jolly man himself. Learn about life at the North Pole, join in reindeer games and meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus during the virtual event on December 15 at 7:00 PM. Registration required.
When Santa is not in the North Pole, you’ll find him at Nebraska Furniture Mart Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in December, posing for photos and gifting presents to children during the Santa Photo Experience. Be sure to register for this fun, contactless photo opportunity for lasting Christmas memories.
The Gift of Giving for the Holidays
Give the gift of hand-made goods crafted by talented local artisans. Browse unique, one-of-a-kind presents for friends and family at The Boho Market on The Lawn at Grandscape. Shop over 30 vendors on December 6 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Discover even more handcrafted items at The Homestead and wrap up holiday shopping during NFM Market Day on December 19 from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Santa hasn’t forgotten the good dogs this year. On December 12, bring your pup to The Shacks at Austin Ranch for a free, professional photo with the man himself. From 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM get your pet-friendly holiday photos and enjoy live music on the patio. Treat your favorite four-legged family member to playtime at the dog park after dining at one of six associated restaurants.
A Medley of Music
Raise your holiday spirits with free concerts at The Stage at Grandscape. Throughout December, check out a diverse line-up of some of the best performances in town. Elevate your evening by picking up food and snacks from the nearby restaurants and shops before spreading out on the socially distanced lawn.
- Start the week off on the right track at The Thirsty Growler. BYOV (Bring Your Own Vinyl) or simply enjoy some tunes while sipping on craft beer from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Cue the music and games at the newly renovated Shakertins. Enjoy Free Pool Night from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM.
- Kids eat free on Family Board Game Nite! Simply bring a board game to play at Heritage Pizza and their dinner is on the house from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge with Trivia Night hosted by Saintsbury Tavern. Questions to come your way from 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Find your inner peace on a pleasant evening with Yoga on The Lawn Series at The Stage at Grandscape from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- The Shacks at Austin Ranch puts a musical spin on a classic game with Music Bingo Nights starting at 7:00 PM.
- Play your cards right and you might just win $100. Poker Nights at Texadelphia are from 6:30 PM – 10:30 PM.
- Kick-off your weekend with Live Music Fridays at The Shacks from 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Have a pleasant evening as local artists from around town share their talents on the spacious outdoor patio.
- Catch a FREE movie screening at Lava Cantina during their Kid’s Movie Saturday’s series. Enjoy a family-friendly film as well as lunch options for the whole family. Screenings start at 12:00 PM.
- Unwind every Sunday with a jazz brunch at Lava Cantina. Enjoy bottomless mimosas and brunch menu offerings beginning at 10:00 AM, with music from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Follow us on Facebook for more things to do in The Colony!