Cheers to summer celebrations and fun in the sun. Catch a glimpse of these refreshing activities throughout July.
LPGA Volunteers of America Classic
Get your tickets now to watch the world’s best female golfers compete in the state’s only LPGA Tour, hosted by Golf Clubs at The Tribute . Take part in special family-friendly programming from June 28 – July 4. Earlier in the week, listen in as a variety of industry leaders and pioneers share their experiences at the third annual Women’s Leadership Summit with keynote speaker, Brandi Chastain. Celebrate health and wellness with family yoga at the 18 Green Hospitality. Registration is free and comes with complimentary yoga mats and healthy snacks.
Kick start your holiday weekend with the Liberty 5K, 10K and 1 Mile Run Presented by AT&T along the scenic course greens. That evening, rock out at the community concert with Texas country artists, Cody Canada and Jason Boland & The Stragglers performing live on the outdoor stage.
After the VOA Classic winner is announced Sunday, head to The Colony Five Star Complex for Liberty By The Lake, an Independence Day celebration concluding the holiday weekend with a spectacular patriotic fireworks display.
4th of July Celebrations
The 4th festivities start off bright and early with Cars and TURBO, the monthly car show at The Shacks at Austin Ranch. Decked out rides, classic cars and finely tuned machines will be on display for all to see.
With great views on the perfect patio, shareable specials and creative craft-cocktails, a day at Lakeview by Peppersmash is one to remember. Check out their Independence Day celebration with live music, fireworks, brunch and more.
Summer Fun for All
A touch of summer flair and invigorating new events are taking place throughout The Colony. At Grandscape, experience Fun In The Sun every Tuesday with family-focused activities including animal learning with the Dallas Zoo, Christmas in July, a pirate-themed scavenger hunt and more.
Explore Jurassic World: The Exhibition where prehistoric creatures come to life. Step inside the cinematic world to learn more about real dinosaurs through intriguing facts and immersive experiences. Snap a pic of sauropods and baby dinosaurs or seek out the secrets of science straight from the Hammond Creation Lab at this one-of-a-kind experience. This special exhibition is in town from June 18 – Extended through January 2, 2022 so get your tickets now before they sell out.
Cool Ways to Beat the Heat
Time to break out the swimwear and feel the refreshing waters of The Colony’s aquatic attractions. Cruise along Lewisville Lake with ski boats, tubes and other lake-worthy vessels from Sam’s Dock inside Hidden Cove Park & Marina. Venture atop the waters during one of DFW Surf’s stand up paddleboard classes or events, open to all skill levels. Take an Intro to SUP course, offered every Saturday, or explore the lake during a Friday night sunset paddle, complete with illuminated boards and craft beers at the Paddle and a Pint social.
You don’t need a passport to experience paradise, just step inside the newly-renovated Hawaiian Falls Water Park. Inside the island-themed park, take it easy and lounge in your own private cabana for a peaceful getaway with family and friends. Float along the Kona Kooler lazy river or soar on the Flyin’ Hawaiian and Pineapple Plunge for a sensational splash. Find more information about your island pass discount here.
- Start the week off with a free game of pool and drink specials all night long. Visit Shakertins from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM for some late-night entertainment.
- Skip rush hour traffic and bowl at Andretti Indoor Karting & Games instead. Guests can enjoy $5 bowling per person Monday – Friday from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
- Join the SCHEELS Run Club for some monthly evening group exercise. Take a three or five-mile walk and run from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM on Monday, July 26.
- Kids eat free on Family Board Game Nite! Simply bring a board game to play at Heritage Pizza and their dinner is on the house from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge with Free Trivia at Dirty Burger Bar. Compete for special prizes from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- From immersive VR to exhilarating laser tag, visit Andretti Indoor Karting & Games for buy one, get one free attractions every Tuesday. Excludes karting and bowling.
- Join in for an evening of quizzical fun at Lakeview by Peppersmash. Trivia Night on the patio starts at 7:00 PM.
- Ladies, enjoy Women’s Wednesday Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) on the lake with DFW Surf starting at 6:00 PM.
- The Shacks at Austin Ranch puts a musical spin on a classic game with Music Bingo Nights starting at 7:00 PM.
- Cruise along the calm waters and enjoy a Sunset Paddle & A Pint hosted by DFW Surf. As dusk settles, the boards illuminate to guide you back to shore.
Saturdays & Sundays
- At Hidden Cove Park & Marina, take in the serenity of nature as you join others in the Bike To Yoga event Sundays from 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM.
- Relax, stretch and flow into a soothing Saturday with paddleboard yoga. Sunshine SUP Yoga Flow welcomes all skill levels.
- Take the family out for lunch and kid-friendly movies at Lava Cantina. Showings begin at 12:00 PM on Saturdays.
Follow us on Facebook for more things to do in The Colony!