Celebrate summer in full swing. Discover fantastic fun with these upcoming events in August.
Summer styles and spirits
Spice up your summer with artistic flair and unwind with relaxing beverages and friends in The Colony.
Add to your summer wardrobe with a water marbled creation from Dallas Silk Art. Pick your colors, learn ancient marbling techniques and select your fashion accessory. Choose from silk scarves, hats, canvas shoes, face masks and more and design your own piece of wearable art at this artisan-led experience.
Join renowned fashion illustrator Dallas Shaw at Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse for an Art & Champagne evening. Participate in this hands-on workshop and master freehand drawing and watercolor skills while enjoying champagne and appetizers provided by Veuve Clicquot.
Discover unique goods and one-of-a-kind gifts from local artisans and small businesses. Whether you are looking for a special piece or searching for something new, Market Days at NFM is sure to pique your shopping interest.
Connoisseurs and newcomers are all welcome at Seven Doors’ bi-monthly wine tasting. Savor wines from a pre-selected vineyard accompanied by dishes prepared by executive chef Jake Quintana. Attendees receive a complimentary wine club membership with discounts to enjoy another meal inside their Instagrammable dining room or shaded patios.
Summer evenings are the perfect time to share a Sip & Shop experience. Venture to The Homestead at Grandscape to sample wines from The Colony Wine Bar and light bites from nearby restaurants. Afterward, check out offers from the surrounding shops and enter a variety of giveaways.
Set a course for culinary excursions
The Colony culinary scene continues to develop with new restaurants and eateries opening throughout summer. From desserts to delicious meats, definitely make a trip to these local establishments.
Every day, Ollio Patisserie handcrafts delectable sweets with a passion for perfection and artistry. Executive chef Golda Sumpon strives to create signature macarons, flaky croissants and pristine pastries with preservative-free and fresh ingredients. Ask how Ollio can cater your next event with effortlessly delicious desserts and macaron towers.
Centered on community and creativity, Barley & Board features seasonal and high-quality ingredients on their gastropub menu. Select from a custom array of small and large plates with cheese from around the world and cured cuts of spiced meat. Enjoy New-American style cuisine complemented by a full bar offering in-house brews, a varied selection of wines and signature cocktails.
For BBQ lovers from across DFW, Flatrock Smokehouse serves succulent meals For BBQ lovers, Flatrock Smokehouse is a must-try. The city’s newest smokehouse serves succulent meals like pulled pork and tender ribs by the pound, on sandwiches and even atop loaded fries and mac-n-cheese. Stop by Friday-Sunday for your barbeque fix and be sure to ask the Flatrock team about catering your next gathering.
From August 9 – August 15, nearly 100 eateries across DFW will participate in Restaurant Week where proceeds go to the Lena Pope Charity and North Texas Food Bank. Twig’s American Kitchen shares craft seasonal dishes created with some of the best local ingredients. Dine in the comfort of the modern interior or go al-fresco on the patio. At Windmills, finely brewed beers and a selection of reading material compliment the performance hall ambiance. From India comes an inspiration of fragrant, traditional dishes that blend with classic American fare.
Summer Concert Collection
Award winning performers that have traveled across the world envelop Award-winning performers travel from across the world to envelop Windmills with their honed musical stylings. Reserve a seat to watch jazz group Stephane Wrembel Band or trumpeter and composer Jeff Lofton on stage.
The fun doesn’t stop there. Party like it’s the early 2000s at Lava Cantina with the Pop 2K Tour hosted by Lance Bass of *NSYNC. The newly renovated venue and revamped menu make any evening a night to remember. Another great outdoor music venue is The Oasis courtyard, where live tunes can be heard on Saturday nights. The courtyard is nestled between a collection of bars and restaurants specializing in Italian and seafood.
As summer vacation draws to a close, there’s only a limited amount of time to experience seasonal attractions in The Colony. Treat the kids to a weekend at Hawaiian Falls before they go back to school. Newly renovated attractions and amenities make this island getaway the perfect summer trip. Find more information about an island pass discount here.
Explore Jurassic World: The Exhibition before the dinosaurs are set free January 2, 2022. Discover the lost world and be transported to a land before time. Snap a selfie with a sauropod, seek out the secrets of the Hammond Lab and bring back a souvenir of your travels.
Take a look at what adventures await at the Lost World
- Start the week off with a free game of pool and drink specials all night long. Visit Shakertins from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM for some late-night entertainment.
- Kids eat free on Family Board Game Nite! Simply bring a board game to play at Heritage Pizza and their dinner is on the house from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge with Free Trivia at Dirty Burger Bar. Compete for special prizes from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- From immersive VR to exhilarating laser tag, visit Andretti Indoor Karting & Games for buy one, get one free attractions every Tuesday. Excludes karting and bowling.
- Join in for an evening of quizzical fun at Lakeview by Peppersmash. Trivia Night on the patio starts at 7:00 PM.
- Ladies, enjoy Women’s Wednesday Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) on the lake with DFW Surf starting at 6:00 PM.
- The Shacks at Austin Ranch puts a musical spin on a classic game with Music Bingo Nights starting at 7:00 PM.
- Cruise along the calm waters and enjoy a Sunset Paddle & A Pint hosted by DFW Surf. As dusk settles, the boards illuminate to guide you back to shore.
Saturdays & Sundays
- Relax, stretch and flow into a soothing Saturday with paddleboard yoga. Sunshine SUP Yoga Flow welcomes all skill levels.
- Take the family out for lunch and kid-friendly movies at Lava Cantina. Shows begin at 12:00 PM on Saturdays.
Follow us on Facebook for more things to do in The Colony!